Boat Painting

Boat Painting
This was a picture I painted in 2009. For more of my art, click on More Art in November, 2010. Enjoy!

Monday, March 15, 2010

What they tell me

They tell me you're the best ever.
They tell me that you've got talent nobody's possessed since the beginning of time.
They tell me that you'll be fine in the Majors, maybe even the best.

Your mom tells me that you're that one special guy, who can lead a team through anything.
Your friends tell me that you're a certain future Hall of Famer.
Your coach tells me that you're a living highlight reel.

They tell me all of your accomplishments, all of your awards
They tell me why you're going to succeed, why you can be so good.
They tell me all this, and yet it doesn't mean one thing.

Zero.

None.

Not one.

Because I don't care what others say.
Don't tell me.

Show me.

2 comments:

  1. We had a very good PPT for this with the music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Yes, we did. Maybe I'll post it here later...

    ReplyDelete