Boat Painting

Boat Painting
This was a picture I painted in 2009. For more of my art, click on More Art in November, 2010. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Favorite Place to Be

 A single, large window sits above a brown, oak desk. To the side of it, little orange fish swim on the covers of a navy blue bed. The corners of the room are messily decorated: a St. Louis Cardinal’s pennant here, an old piece of artwork there. Papers are littered all across the room, as the only neat part is the trophy case standing in a corner, proudly displaying all the multi-colored ribbons and trophies. I sit in the big armchair, and breathe the air in: a strange, musty but sweet smell. This is my room, a place where I can find shelter and comfort in, a shield from the displeasing things of the world around me. It doesn’t have the crystal clear beaches like Hawaii or the tall skyscrapers of New York, but in a way only I can appreciate, my room is my favorite place to be.

6 comments:

  1. AGREE. Is anybody else annoyed at the fact that we have to sign in to Google to comment as anybody other than "anonymous"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya... what if you don't have a google account?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you wouldn't be here right now then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice and to the point.

    ReplyDelete